Version Control II
Discussion of Project Ranking & Selection; Draw dates for presentations; Discussion of Version Control readings; git/GitHub activity II.
Preparation and Readings
- Homework previously assigned (see previous class for details):
- Complete “Part 3 - Before the Second Class” in the Git/GitHub Workflow Activity (Pairs)
- Required reading:
- Sections 4 and 5 of Understanding Git Conceptually
- Post questions for class discussion to the Moodle forum. Please also feel free to comment on or respond to others’ questions as appropriate.
- Git Tutorial Videos by Corey Schafer that cover a variety of git topics. The one on “Diff and Merge Tools” is most relevant for today’s class.
- You may also find the Git Videos informative.
- Git/GitHub Workflow Activity – Complete Part 4 – Hands-on in the Second Class. Append to your Slack live log (Paired).
- Git/GitHub Workflow Slides – the slides used in class.
- Work on the presentation component of the H/FOSS Project Ranking and Selection assignment.