- Louis von Ahn will be receiving the Joseph Priestly award and will be visiting our class for a question and answer session prior to the award ceremony. The readings and discussion on this day will be preparation for that visit.
- Luis von Ahn’s Captcha and reCaptcha (9:38)
- Duolingo – the next chapter in human computation (17:06)
- Designing Games with a Purpose
- Duolingo’s Luis von Ahn: “I Just Want to Have an Impact”
- The Priestly Award Announcement in Dickinson Today
- Entrepreneur’s 20 Questions with Louis von Ahn
- Massive-scale online collaboration (16:23)
Post to Moodle a response to prompts 1 and 2 and optionally 3 below. You are encouraged to also read and respond to your classmates postings, and to make additional posts adding your own thoughts or raising your own questions for discussion. Your posts will help shape the discussion that we have during the class period.
What did you find most interesting from the readings on Louis’ work? Why?
Give at least one question that you would like to ask Louis. Briefly explain why you want to ask that question.
If you did additional reading or research on your own, did you find any sources or information that you would like to share with the class?