- Is Web3 all Hype? Top 10 Web 3.0 Questions & Answers (9:28)
- Web3 is the future, or a scam, or both
- The Father of Web3 Wants You to Trust Less
- Maybe There’s a Use for Crypto After All (Free access is available via the Dickinson library).
- Web3 Foundation Grants Program Reaches 300 Projects Milestone
- The future will be decentralized (13:35)
Post to Moodle a response to at least one of the following questions. You are encouraged to also read and respond to your classmates postings, and to make additional posts adding your own thoughts or raising your own questions for discussion. Your posts will help shape the discussion that we have during the class period.
The Vox Article said: But I think the primary appeal of Web3 comes from the fact that it really doesn’t exist yet. So in its yet-to-arrive shape, it could be anything. And that sounds great to people longing for something new, whether they’re young techies who’ve only known a world where a handful of giant tech companies dominate the internet, or wizened folks who remember the initial excitement and possibilities of the early web days. As a student in tech, are you optimistic or pessimistic about the Web3 hype?
With web3 being a decentralized concept, do you think that it’ll be “re-centralized” with the majority of services offered by a few big companies, or will it be more spread out along different companies with a less-centralized basis?